Flow rate, chemical interactions and reactions, mix and fill rates are a few examples of process system elements that can be directly influenced by the transport and storage of your process chemicals.Process materials flowing through a system are transported by a combination of piping, instrumentation, valves and tanks. Material handling equipment, during transport and storage, is critical to your systems success.
Contact EPIC today to begin building your modular process skid.
Equipment for Material Handling Systems
Flow Measurement (Instrumentation)
- Pressure – pilot tubes, piezometers, side-wall tubes
- Temperature – thermocouples, resistive thermal directors (RTD’s)
- Velocity – pitot tubes, anemometers
- Flow Rate – manometers, pressure gauges, venturi meters, flow nozzles, orifice meters, elbow meters, area meters, mass flowmeters, weirs
- Two-phase systems – gas-solid mixtures, gas-liquid mixes, liquid-solid mixes
Pumping (Liquids & Gases)
- Positive displacement pumps
- Kinetic pumps
- Open screw pumps
- Metallic pipe – carbon steel, stainless steel
- Iron – cast iron, ductile, high-silicon iron
- Nonferrous metal piping – aluminum, copper, lead, magnesium, nickel, zirconium, flexible metal hose and alloys.
- Nonmetallic pipe & lined pipe – Thermoplastic piping, asbestos cement, pressure pipe, gravity sewer, impervious graphite, cement-lined, chemical ware, vitrified-clay sewer, plastic lined, rubber lined, plastic pipe, glass piping, etc.
Storage & Process Vessels
- Liquid storage
- Atmospheric tanks
- Pressure tanks
- Pond & underground storage
- Gas storage
- Gas holders
- Pressure vessels/bottles/pipe liners
- Low temperature & cryogenic storage
- Pressure Vessels
- Bulk transport