EPIC solvent recovery systems ensure your solvent reclamation process is cost effective, meets all regulations, and provides lasting ROI.
Our proven solvent recovery methods provide a feasible path forward with low life-cycle costs. We will ensure you meet the requirements that pertain to your industry such as DQ, IQ, OQ, PQ, GMP and FDA requirements.
Whether batch or continuous, single or multi-purpose operations, our solvent recovery system will be customized to fit your exact need. We work with the following process technologies to achieve solvent reclamation:
- Liquid-liquid extraction
- Chemical extraction
- Absorption systems
- Film evaporation
- Membrane separation
Steps for Acquiring Your Turnkey Solvent Recovery System:
- Contact EPIC or call us at (314) 845-0077 to discuss your application. A thorough discussion of your solvent recovery goals, budget and technology will help both parties determine if this project is a technical and commercial fit.
- Front-end engineering and solvent recovery system design are completed with EPIC as your project partners. EPIC’s scale-up specialists simulate your process at the increased scale, complete Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), material balances, equipment lists and any other required design documentation to present you with a complete bid package.
- Fabrication and controls engineering will begin on your custom solvent reclamation system. Our state-of-the-art fabrication plant allows for remote system fabrication that does not interfere with any on-site civil modifications taking place at your facility.
- Testing, shipping and installation.Your completed solvent recovery system is fully tested before shipment, and arrives on-site ready for process hookups. Installation typically takes less than a week for modular distillation systems, and on-site commissioning begins immediately.
- Full system start-up is complete, and training is provided for system operators. EPIC will not leave until all punch-list items are checked off and you feel comfortable running and troubleshooting the system.
Get your custom designed solvent recovery system today, call (314) 845-0077
Solvents That Can Be Recovered:
In addition to standard non-azeotropic solutions we can also recover heterogeneous (two liquid phases) and homogeneous azeotropic solutions through a thorough chemical extraction process.
Specific chemicals that can be extracted using solvent recovery systems (alphabetical order):
- Acetic Acid
- Amyl Acetate
- Amyl Alcohol
- Aroma Chemicals
- Butyl Acetate
- Carbon Dioxide
- Carbon Tetrachloride
- Chlorinated Hyrocarbons
- Ditertiary Butyl Phenols
- Ethane Dichloride
- Ethoxy Alcohols
- Ethyl Acetate
- Ethyl Dichloride
- Ethylene Dichloride
- Isopropyl Acetate
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Isopropyl Ether
- Methoxy Alcohol
- Methyl Acetate
- Methyl Bromide
- Methyl Indenes
- Methyl Ionones
- Methyl Naphthalene
- Methylene Chloride
- N-Methyl Pyrrolidone (NMP)
- Paraffin Alcohols
- Propyl Acetate
- Thionyl Chloride
Examples: Proven Solvent Reclamation Systems by EPIC
A ternary ethanol mixture is separated through a dual column distillation system. Using both traditional and vacuum distillation, the system achieves 91% ethanol extraction required by the customer. Solvent is extracted and recycled back into the process. Read the full case study…
Key Features:Ternary solvent extraction, ethanol separation process, dual distillation columns, vacuum distillationRead Full Case Study
A steam stripping process was suggested and implemented by EPIC. This solution allowed water from the steam to act as a barrier liquid between the solvent and bio-polymer during separation, preventing the formation of a hardened plug. Solvent is recovered and reused during the steam stripping process. Continue to the case study…
Key Features: Steam stripping process, bio-polymer reactionRead Full Case Study
Process Systems Planning Sheet
This planning sheet is useful in pre-planning a process system before approaching design fabrication firms for detailed engineering work or cost estimates. Fill in as many project details below as you can to help streamline the planning and quotation process. An experienced design and build engineer can help you build out and specify unknown project elements and is essential to commercial project success.