When is an inline mixing system the better choice over a traditional batch process units? This system is often a better alternative for your liquid blending or chemical dosing system needs for the following reasons:
- Lower capital cost as compared to a full batching strategy
- Less storage space – no need for additional large, dedicated finished product storage tanks each time a new variant of your base formula is introduced
- Pre-engineered, field-proven process means you don’t have to start from square one
- Improved ability to switch SKU’s frequently to meet client’s requests for smaller quantities and minimized inventory
- Faster time-to-market with new product variants
- Lower transportation costs and faster turnaround on orders from your clients
- Faster expansion – with less capital investment, you can establish regional blend facilities worldwide
- Add water to formula near point of use
- Greater future flexibility to move your modular chemical dosing system across the plant, across the country, or across the world, as business needs change.
Integrated with advanced automation technology, EPIC’s in-line liquid blending equipment and dosing systems are pre-engineered based on your plant preferences and manufacturing goals. With field-proven design, our process dosing systems provide the ability to switch SKU’s frequently to meet fluctuating inventory demand.
Chemical dosing systems may be arranged in many different configurations to accommodate your site-specific plot plan. All raw material unloading and product delivery hardware is self-contained on individual process modules. Common continuous blending systems include:
- Major ingredients, minor ingredient dosing skids and filler feed mixing modules –
automated single skid or multi-skid chemical dosing systems that create base formulas and/or mix in various combinations of minor ingredients to create different products
- CLP (Continuous Line Processing) & LPD (Late Product Differentiation) system – in-pipe blending systems that automate product mixing
- Perfume mixing and process dosing systems – automated or semi-automated self-contained systems that blend perfumes and dose the perfume into base formulas
- Flavor blending and dosing system – skids that convert raw materials into distinct flavors that are added into foods, beverages and consumer products
- Dye dosing and mixing skids – mix different colors of dyes in an automated blending skid and dispense them in pre-measured amounts
- Additional Systems – liquid blending, chemical blending process, additive dosing system, chemical injection skid, chemical injection pump skid, chemical feed skid and more.
Contact an engineer to start designing your dosing skid or inline mixing system today.
Proven Project Examples: Continuous In-Line Blending & Dosing Systems
With a limited budget and limited floor space, the client needed to double the flavors mixed in their existing facility. A pre-engineered, field-proven in-line blending skid from EPIC provided a fast, economic solution that allowed the client to drastically expand the product portfolio with minimal equipment additions. Read the full case study…
Key Features: Outside pre-mix skid, coupled blending and filling system, mix tank with pump re-circulation, back pressure control, control logic, product-to-product washout, and more…
A consumer products company approached EPIC Systems with the need to reduce changeover time on a makeup dosing system with portable parts. Read the full case study…
Key Features: Integrated control system, portable dosing skid integrated with hot-fill dosing pump, complete and correct individual machine programming and line integration, and more…
“As a plant, we have relied on EPIC Systems to be our main resource for process design and to be a project manager on some of the bigger projects. We like using EPIC since they are very cost effective for the value you get. When we have dealt with some of the larger Engineering firms, they tend to involve too many disciplines that are not necessarily required.” With EPIC, we get the Engineer who can handle the job, and we deal directly with him.”
– T. Schoonenberg, Engineering and Operations Manager | The VVF, Illinois Services Company
- EPIC designed, built and installed these continuous In-line blending skids for major and minor ingredients, variable flow was provided by flow control valves and variable speed drives, automated in-pipe blending with HMI, product-to-product washouts.
- An EPIC engineer inspects an in-line blending system at a client’s manufacturing facility. Have you ever wondered how very large and very small flows be blended together accurately? Contact EPIC today to learn about our in-line blending and chemical injection skids.
- This modular inline blending system was designed by EPIC’s engineers and built in our 30,000+ sq. ft. facility. We then installed the system at the manufacturer's facility. Modular design/fabrication reduces traditional downtime through parallel construction and results in cost-savings, increased safety and faster project delivery.
View more In-Line Blending Systems in our photo gallery