Below are examples of pilot plants and pilot plant equipment EPIC has designed and built. As a top pilot plant supplier, we have worked across a wide-range of industries and applications. To find out details of specific projects that are similar to your needs, speak with one of our engineers today.
- Pilot Skid ShipmentA completed EPIC pilot skid being shipped to it's final destination. The pilot plants designed and fabricated by EPIC are fully tested before leaving EPIC's facility and arrives onsite ready for startup. Our experts come with your plant throughout the entire startup process, ensuring the punch list items and training is completed for you.
- Pilot Plant ReplicationEPIC at times get requests for an on-going need to duplicate previous sets of systems. Our controlled fabrication environment is ideal for creating these series of pilot skids. After the initial skid the cost of design for each additional system is negligible.
- Pilot Plant DistillationCO2 was removed from flue gas in a two-step distillation process. A pilot-scale distillation system allowed the client to test various system parameters and prove a new CO2 removal technology. Read the full success story: 90% CO2 Sequestration from Coal Fired Flue Gas
- Pilot Plant Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)EPIC Modular Process designs and builds pilot plants that prove production feasibility for your process technology, while balancing cost and construction schedules. This pilot plant was engineered and fabricated to test a proprietary technology for processing coal.
- Custom Engineered Pilot Plant EquipmentA custom engineered pilot plant was fabricated to convert biomass to liquid fuel. The self-contained process skid tested and validated the production feasibility of a multi-stage separation process.
- Pilot Plant InstallEPIC engineering and fabrication team successfully install the pilot plant skid through the roof of the facility.
- 3D Distillation Tower DesignDistillation column design: We work collaboratively with our clients through detailed process engineering. EPIC’s engineers design the structural and mechanical aspects of process systems to allow for a seamless fit with existing plant structures and manufacturing machinery. Learn more about EPIC’s approach to distillation
- Sanitary Modular Batch Mixing PlantA batch mixing system is assembled into modules in EPIC's fabrication shop. This system shipped overseas to it's final destination where it will be used to introduce a new product to the market.
- Batch Reactor Pilot Plant SkidEPIC’s engineering team work with the client to design and build this modular ion exchange chemical pilot plant to upgrade a proprietary process to a commercial level.
Advantages to Pilot Plant Fabrication & Design by EPIC
Fabrication of your demonstration or pilot plant in the form of a modular skid provides several distinct advantages. Many of these advantages stem from the fact that modular process skids can built in EPIC’s state-of-the-art shop. This off-site construction minimizes interruption to existing operations and also allows for a compressed project timeline. Onsite improvements and offsite plant construction can progress in tandem, reducing project timelines dramatically. Advantages include:
- Minimized interruption to existing operations. Skids arrive pre-tested and fully ready for plant hookups. Full startup and punch-list resolution typically takes less than a week.
- Faster time to market, with production style skid construction
- Cost savings from compressed build schedules; utilizing a smaller, experienced field crew; production style construction in an enclosed shop environment
- Improved quality, especially for welds and pipe joins, which are performed under ideal shop conditions by our dedicated, full-time craftsmen.
- Safety advantages, including reduced OSHA exposure hours
We take your process technology and scale it up, without sacrificing quality. We are experienced at fully extracting your technical, operational and commercial specifications. We combine those with our knowledge of process capabilities, scale-up, and modular design/build to help you “Do It Better.” Our process for building complete modular process plants includes:
- Utilizing Front-End Engineering to ensure the proper steps are taken during project scope development
- Modular design/fabrication that reduces traditional downtime through parallel construction and results in cost-savings, increased safety and faster project delivery. Learn more about the benefits of modular…
- Maintaining an open door client policy to promote innovation and communicate. We invite clients to visit EPIC throughout projects
- Imparting a transfer of knowledge, not just basic training, for the systems and equipment we provide