EPIC designs and builds skid mounted pilot plants that prove full-scale production levels through expertly placed instrumentation and testing stations. Unlike other pilot plant skid manufacturers, our expert engineering team can help you both design your modules and ensure quality fabrication and assembly, all under one roof. We provide expert process, mechanical, and control system design.
See skid mounted pilot plant photos
To get pricing information or discuss your skid mounted pilot plant project with an EPIC engineering specialist, please call 314-845-0077 or fill out the form below.
Next Steps: Scale Your Process With a Skid Mounted Pilot Plant
EPIC utilizes your process technology and our chemical and mechanical engineering expertise to scale up the most efficient pilot plant for your needs. We are experienced at fully extracting your technical, operational and commercial specifications and creating the right timeline for you. We are a rare pilot plant engineering company with in-house process fabrication and experienced craftsmen. We offer expertise in process capabilities, scale-up, and modular design/build that will help you make your process better. Our complete modular process plants go through five main steps to completion:
- Step 1: Contact an Engineer (314) 845-0077 to start discussing the specifics of your project
- Step 2: Meet with our team to complete Front-End Engineering, to ensure the proper steps are taken during pilot plant design and build
- Step 3: Receive detailed design documents to review, once EPIC’s experts have selected equipment and finished 3D modeling/simulation.
- Step 4: Controls engineering begins for your system, with completion during system assembly
- Step 5: Modular design/fabrication completion. Our approach reduces traditional downtime through parallel construction, resulting in cost-savings, increased safety and faster project delivery. Learn more about the benefits of modular design…
- We maintain an open door client policy to promote innovation and communication. We invite clients to visit EPIC throughout project design and construction stages
- Step 6: Full FAT testing at EPIC’s shop, with completed pilot skids shipped to your facility for installation.
- Step 7: Installation and start-up (commissioning) at your facility, with minimal interruption to existing operations. Our team imparts a transfer of knowledge, not just basic training, for the systems and equipment we provide
Modular Pilot Plant Design Advantage
Modular pilot plant companies, with design & fabrication under one roof, provide the following advantages:
- Better access to testing equipment and instrumentation
- Space savings in your plant or research facility
- Shorter build time and higher quality construction
- Portability – pilot plants are easily portable to new locations
Using our modular approach, EPIC’s engineers develop the fastest time-to-market, most capital-efficient pilot-scale equipment for process manufacturing. Learn more about the advantages of modular pilot plants, or contact one of our process experts today to start developing your custom module.
For a better solution, contact EPIC today.
See Skid Mounted Pilot Plant Examples
Argo Genesis partnered with EPIC to take a newly formulated asphalt additive and scale it to a set of pilot plants. EPIC worked with lab data and the client’s knowledge of the process to design and fabricate a two-phase batch-reaction-to-distillation processing plant. The final pilot module serves as a test plant for R&D bio-polymer development at Iowa State University.
Key features: Two phase batch reaction-to-distillation system, technology scale-up, bio-polymer processing system
Advanced Pilot Plant Validates Alternative Energy Technology With Automated Production-Level Testing
A custom engineered pilot plant was fabricated to convert biomass to liquid fuel. The self-contained process skid tested and validated the production feasibility of a multi-stage separation process.
Key Features: Multi-stage separation process for alternative energy: biomass to liquid fuel, future technologies proof-of-concept pilot plan, industrial feasibility testing – industrial testing equipment, integrated utility systems, and 12+ sampling points.
EPIC Systems’ engineering team helped the client design a modular ion exchange chemical pilot plant to upgrade a proprietary process to the commercial level. The system was fabricated by EPIC in a short project schedule due to a customer specified timeline.
Key Features: Turnkey modular chemical pilot plant, piping, instrumentation, design, fabrication, installation and start-up.
CO2 was removed from flue gas in a two-step distillation process. A pilot-scale distillation system allowed the client to test various system parameters and prove a new CO2 removal technology.
Key Features: Two packed distillation columns comprised of multiple pipe spools, rated for 120 psig at 266 degrees Fahrenheit with full vacuum.Read Full Case Study