EPIC designs and builds modular pilot plant skids and systems that prove full-scale production levels through expertly placed instrumentation and testing stations. Unlike other pilot plant manufacturers, our expert engineering team can help you both design your modules and ensure quality fabrication and assembly, all under one roof. We provide expert process, mechanical, and control system design. Contact an engineer today to start designing your custom pilot skid.
- Pilot Skid ShipmentA completed EPIC pilot skid being shipped to it's final destination. The pilot plants designed and fabricated by EPIC are fully tested before leaving EPIC's facility and arrives onsite ready for startup. Our experts come with your plant throughout the entire startup process, ensuring the punch list items and training is completed for you.
- Pilot Plant ReplicationEPIC at times get requests for an on-going need to duplicate previous sets of systems. Our controlled fabrication environment is ideal for creating these series of pilot skids. After the initial skid the cost of design for each additional system is negligible.
- Pilot Plant DistillationCO2 was removed from flue gas in a two-step distillation process. A pilot-scale distillation system allowed the client to test various system parameters and prove a new CO2 removal technology. Read the full success story: 90% CO2 Sequestration from Coal Fired Flue Gas
- Pilot Plant Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)EPIC Modular Process designs and builds pilot plants that prove production feasibility for your process technology, while balancing cost and construction schedules. This pilot plant was engineered and fabricated to test a proprietary technology for processing coal.
- Custom Engineered Pilot Plant EquipmentA custom engineered pilot plant was fabricated to convert biomass to liquid fuel. The self-contained process skid tested and validated the production feasibility of a multi-stage separation process.
- Pilot Plant InstallEPIC engineering and fabrication team successfully install the pilot plant skid through the roof of the facility.
- 3D Distillation Tower DesignDistillation column design: We work collaboratively with our clients through detailed process engineering. EPIC’s engineers design the structural and mechanical aspects of process systems to allow for a seamless fit with existing plant structures and manufacturing machinery. Learn more about EPIC’s approach to distillation
- Sanitary Modular Batch Mixing PlantA batch mixing system is assembled into modules in EPIC's fabrication shop. This system shipped overseas to it's final destination where it will be used to introduce a new product to the market.
- Batch Reactor Pilot Plant SkidEPIC’s engineering team work with the client to design and build this modular ion exchange chemical pilot plant to upgrade a proprietary process to a commercial level.
Next Steps: Scaling Your Process Technology to a Turnkey Pilot Plant
EPIC utilizes your process technology and our chemical and mechanical engineering expertise to scale up the most efficient pilot plant for your needs. We are experienced at fully extracting your technical, operational and commercial specifications and creating the right timeline for you. We are a rare pilot plant engineering company with in-house process fabrication and experienced craftsmen. We offer expertise in process capabilities, scale-up, and modular design/build that will help you make your process better. Our complete modular process plants go through five main steps to completion:
- Step 1: Contact an Engineer (314) 845-0077 to start discussing the specifics of your project
- Step 2: Meet with our team to complete Front-End Engineering, to ensure the proper steps are taken during pilot plant design and build
- Step 3: Receive detailed design documents to review, once EPIC’s experts have selected equipment and finished 3D modeling/simulation.
- Step 4: Controls engineering begins for your system, with completion during system assembly
- Step 5: Modular design/fabrication completion. Our approach reduces traditional downtime through parallel construction, resulting in cost-savings, increased safety and faster project delivery. Learn more about the benefits of modular design…
- We maintain an open door client policy to promote innovation and communication. We invite clients to visit EPIC throughout project design and construction stages
- Step 6: Full FAT testing at EPIC’s shop, with completed pilot skids shipped to your facility for installation.
- Step 7: Installation and start-up (commissioning) at your facility, with minimal interruption to existing operations. Our team imparts a transfer of knowledge, not just basic training, for the systems and equipment we provide
Modular Pilot Plant Design Advantage
Modular pilot plant companies, with design & fabrication under one roof, provide the following advantages:
- Better access to testing equipment and instrumentation
- Space savings in your plant or research facility
- Shorter build time and higher quality construction
- Portability – pilot plants are easily portable to new locations
Using our modular approach, EPIC’s engineers develop the fastest time-to-market, most capital-efficient pilot-scale equipment for process manufacturing. Learn more about the advantages of modular pilot plants, or contact one of our process experts today to start developing your custom module.
For a better solution, contact EPIC today.
Argo Genesis partnered with EPIC to take a newly formulated asphalt additive and scale it to a set of pilot plants. EPIC worked with lab data and the client’s knowledge of the process to design and fabricate a two-phase batch-reaction-to-distillation processing plant. The final pilot module serves as a test plant for R&D bio-polymer development at Iowa State University.
Key features: Two phase batch reaction-to-distillation system, technology scale-up, bio-polymer processing system