Industrial Process Systems for Consumer Products Manufacturing
EPIC brings decades of experience to consumer products manufacturing. Whether you’re bringing a new product to market, refining your process to deliver higher throughput or improving production efficiency, our chemical engineers can design an industrial process system that will address your unique challenges.
Since 1995, our skilled craftsmen have fabricated cost-efficient, compliant industrial process systems for Fortune 500 consumer products companies. EPIC provides total visibility, so you can change, track and manage products at any point in their lifecycle.
Examples of Industrial Process Systems for Consumer Products
EPIC designed, built and installed a new automated manufacturing line for a Fortune 500 manufacturer of laundry detergents. The system was completed in a condensed 2-month timeline, allowing the producer to be the first to market, despite the challenges of budgetary constraints, building in a small space for skids with limited doorway clearance for installation. Read more…
Key Features: formula change and packaging upgrade, raw materials pre-mix skid, full blending system and process/packaging integration, condensed 2-month timeline from first PO to complete commissioning, Wonderware HMI and ControlLogix PLC integration
EPIC designed and built a turnkey batch controls system to help a chemical plant automate a manual process. By integrating manual chemical plant mixing systems with an intricate, multi-stage batch control system, EPIC improved safety and reduced risk for line operators, delivered higher accuracy & consistency of production formulation, and improved the plant’s mixing and tracking ability. Read more…
Key Features: multi-stage batch mixing systems featuring 100+ recipes, batch control system integrated with Wonderware InBatch Software, dual continuous process systems, various batching systems, high dispersion specialty mixer for water, salt and solvent solution
To get pricing information or discuss your project with an EPIC engineering specialist, please call 314-845-0077 or fill out the form below.
Industrial Consumer Products
EPIC engineers bring experience working with several household and consumer products including but not limited to:
- Automotive fluids
- Batteries and other electronics
- Detergents and soaps
- Lawn & garden products
- Gels and plastics
- Homecare products
- Paper products
- Pet care products
- Pool and spa care products
- Stationary products
Types of Consumer Products Applications
At EPIC, we employ a proven, collaborative process. We work with you to assess your technology and required unit operations before designing, building and installing an industrial process system for your consumer product. Popular systems we build include:
- Batch mixing systems
- Batch reactor systems
- In-line blending systems
- Continuous process systems
- Clean-in-place systems
- High-temperature sanitization systems
- Centrifugal systems
- Raw material delivery systems
- Utility systems
EPIC provides a one-stop-shop for industrial process systems manufacturing design and development of consumer products systems. Our broad range of engineers bring skills and experience at every phase of the manufacturing process:
- Front-End Engineering Design
- Process System Design
- Process Controls Engineering
- Modular Fabrication & Assembly
- Process System Installation
- And Start-up & Commissioning
- Parts & Customer Service
And as a standard part of our process, we ensure absolute quality. Our in-house quality assurance team inspects and green tags all systems to make sure they are compliant with regulations including ASME BPA, 3-A Standards, GMP practices, FDA, CPSA, CPSIA, and any other industry-specific concerns. Our QA team also completes PMI & MTR verification, visual weld inspections, material certifications, and chemical cleaning and passivation. EPIC performs QA checks and testing before industrial process systems leave our facility to ensure smooth startup once at your plant.
Validation and check-out are integrated into your system from the first design meeting, ensuring piping, equipment and process layout are optimized to eliminate dead-legs. EPIC ensures your products are up to code and the fabrication of your system components is expertly executed.
“EPIC offered an in-house construction service where they built modular skids for our blending systems. Six modular units containing two blending vessels each were shipped to our plant and installed with very few problems. In Illinois, we have very expensive construction labor. While this endeavor saved us quite a bit of expense, we found the quality of their delivered product was top-notch, conforming to all ANSI and GMP standards.”
– Manager | an oleochemical and personal care products company
“Our collaborative partnership with EPIC enabled us to deliver a strategically-important project on budget and within a very aggressive timeline. Installation and start-up were completed in a matter of weeks and products made in the EPIC-supplied equipment fully met expectations upon first production.”
– William P., Project Engineer | global manufacturer
Why Hire EPIC for Your Next Industrial Process System?
EPIC’s process & packaging solutions offer several features that benefit consumer products manufacturers. These include:
- Three decades of hands-on manufacturing system design, fabrication, automation and installation experience. Our experience and systems expertise wilil remove the guesswork. The techniques we use for you have worked and are proven to improve your manufacturing process
- Easy-to-use, customized recipe automation for flexible recipe and flavor formulation, tracking and management
- Integration of line data into your plant automation software systems, such as MES, SAP, and ERP systems to help you track products down to individual SKU’s, streamline resource management, and cut inventory costs
- Space & cost-saving strategies, like flexible flavor dosing systems and our modular design approach, which allows us to construct your system in our controlled shop environment and minimize plant interruptions, while delivering high-quality welds in parallel with onsite civil upgrades. Our customers see an average 24 percent cost savings from this approach.
- A one-stop-shop, including engineering design, automation, fabrication, and quality assurance under one roof.
- Our on-site, state-of-the-art fabrication plant ensures all systems are built and assembled under controlled production conditions by our full-time skilled craftsmen team. Our craftsmen have skills specific to manufacturing advanced processing and packaging lines for manufacturing, which means a higher quality system you can trust to last for years to come.
- Our dedicated in-house automation team ensures clear communication between the fabrication shop, engineers and programmers. Automation development works alongside system integration and fabrication, all under one roof, saving you time & money while ending communication issues.