EPIC Modular Process Systems designs processes to optimize efficiency in manufacturing. We help manufacturers overcome bottlenecks in production for increased output and maximized profits. Each process system designed by EPIC is developed using your proprietary, base process technology, coupled with inventive system concepts and innovative technology.
DESIGN CAPABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Process Systems Engineering Capabilities
- Process flow diagrams (PFD’s)
- Piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Process simulation
- 2D & 3D modeling/simulation
- Material balances
- Mass & energy balances
- Physical Design Capabilities
- Mechanical & structural design
- Skid design
- FEA analysis
- Equipment layout
- Piping design
- Lift & installation planning
- Drawing development
All process systems engineering and design is done in compliance with:
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- International Building Codes (IBC)
EPIC’S APPROACH TO PROCESS SYSTEM ENGINEERING & DESIGN
The design work that started in Front-end engineering is finished during the design stage. We share our experiential insights to meet all foreseeable needs, pinpoint opportunities for cost-savings, and incorporate efficiency into the process system’s design. Throughout the process, EPIC’s engineers:
- Stay focused on the common goals and manufacturing objectives
- Develop new ideas for efficiency and sustained system functionality
- Evaluate and recommend different options for cost and time savings
- Openly communicate key project milestones and dates
EPIC’s modular process systems are designed by engineers to function smoothly and sustain operation far beyond startup. We ask meaningful questions during the initial phases to gain enough information from you to deliver a detailed, process system quotation.
When is a project right for a modular design?
Modular process fabrication is an approach to building skid mounted systems that utilizes off-site construction to improve project quality and reduce build time. Most projects are suitable for modular
design. Only a very few unusual circumstances would not work well with modular, for example – remarkably large pieces of individual equipment or particularly difficult installation paths. Large or elaborate systems can easily be broken into multiple skids that can be stacked or placed adjacently to form one complete system. Each module is:
- Designed to accommodate normal shipping constraints
- Strong enough to be shipped on their side and installed vertically
- Does not exceed 12 ft wide by 12 ft tall by 70 ft long ()
- Are properly secured on or inside freight
- Designed & constructed to use volume in the most efficient manner possible
EPIC uses a skilled perspective and a keen attention to detail to ensure safety, functionality, and complete system mobility from shop to plant floor or manufacturing site. EPIC’s engineers optimize our clients’ processes and improve plant economics with modular systems for the following areas:
- Process Automation
- Structural and Mechanical Engineering
- Heat Tracing
EPIC’s modular design approach allows for faster fabrication times and increased speed in the overall plant startup process as compared to conventional plant design. Beginning with a modular design lends significant, long-term cost savings by utilizing a more simplistic approach to space orientation, operation, maintenance, and mechanics.
EPIC’s engineers predominantly specialize in process knowledge, with modular design and with a pre-disposition to off-site, modular system fabrication. Our machine shop provides the perfect setting for modular construction services. Explore the advantages of modular to learn even more about this strategic engineering approach.
EPIC’s Detailed Engineering Experience Includes:
- Heat transfer
- Ingredient delivery
- Reaction chemistry
EPIC Modular Process Systems engineers explore cost-savings opportunities through all phases of design to bring added value. During detailed process design, our engineers look for ways to incorporate multiple unit operations on the same skid to save time and money.
All process system projects include at least one detailed design review with clients as well as a final design review. Contact us to learn more about EPIC’s comprehensive process system design capabilities.
Integrated Mechanical and Structural Design
From complex plant corners to placing process skids on the roof, our engineers will handle all necessary structural parameters to prepare for installation of a new process system. EPIC is able to provide units with custom process precautions, such as seismic zone or wind load requirements, and integrated temperature variance protection.
Safe footing details for structural platforms are provided before module shipment. All systems from EPIC are as required upon installation.