Sanitary Mixing & Packing Areas
The client needed to expand an existing facility for a brand-new sanitizer making and packaging area. The plant was not previously FDA compliant, so the new systems were designed to Class 1 and Division I and FDA standards.
CLIENT: A multinational consumer products company
Key Engineering Features
- Two Bulk Storage Areas
- Class 1 Div. 2 mixing area
- Automated mixing systems design
- Control Logix PLC and HMI
- Minor ingredients premix with ingredient dosing
- Bulk mixing (10,000 gallons) of minors with solvent and water
- Continuous batching between two coordinated systems
- Flash mix powder induction to add powdered ingredients to flammable solvents
- An integrated CIP systems to service the entire systems between batches with an ultra pure USP water system
- Outdoor bulk flammable liquid storage & distribution area to accommodate 40,000 gallons of raw materials
With the services EPIC provided, this customer was able to expand their production of hand sanitizer during a global pandemic. Through this project, EPIC created a lasting relationship that has led to continued win-win work. Contact EPIC to speak with an engineer about your process system project or call 314-714-1580.