Process Skid Fabricator Services
In-house shop construction makes EPIC a top process skid fabricator in the U.S. Shop skid fabrication helps ensure greater quality control and more efficient use of man-hours. Adverse weather and site conditions are not a factor because preassembly is completed inside.
In our state-of-the-art facilities, EPIC’s skilled modular skid fabricators build process skids to strict FDA, ASME, AWS, and client-imposed specifications.
EPIC routinely builds large modular process systems in our fabrication plant, which features high-clearance ceilings and loading dock doors.
Skid Fabrication Capabilities
- Electrical development, wiring and testing
- FAT testing
- Frame fabrication
- Green tags
- Instrumentation installation
- Mechanical assembly
- Non-carbon steel
- Pipe fitting, bending and installation
- Pressure vessel fabrication
- Sanitary fabrication
- Sheet metal
- Structural fabrication
- Tubing fitting, bending and installation
Sanitary Compliance for Skid Fabrication
EPIC has separate facilities and toolsets for projects involving carbon steel or sanitary systems. No cross-contamination occurs between environments. EPIC is equipped with an orbital welder for sanitary piping projects.
Our sanitary system capabilities include:
- Zero dead leg piping design
- Internal finish polish specification
- Slope-to-low point drain piping design
- Specification of sanitary components (valves, regulators, sample valves, pumps, tanks, etc.)
- Clean-in-place (CIP) system design
- High-temperature sanitization system design
EPIC designs, fabricates, and wires all electrical panels and components in-house in our panel shop. Electrical design is also completed in-house.
Welding for Structural and Piping Projects
Our welding staff is fully equipped to complete a wide variety of welding and piping projects, including projects involving carbon steel, sanitary piping, aluminum, and Hastelloys.
Most projects completed in our plant are custom projects. Our experienced plant staff, quality control manager, shop foreman, and engineering project managers work together on every custom project to ensure success. All projects completed in the EPIC fabrication plant leave fully assembled, tested, and ready for on-site installation.