Solve Complex Manufacturing Challenges Through Partnership
From concept to production, the customer’s journey is long and complex. It doesn’t have to be. Bring your process design and applied chemical engineering services to EPIC.
EPIC is an engineering design firm that fabricates turnkey process systems and plants. As a turnkey process systems engineering company, EPIC has 25+ years of experience engineering, designing and fabricating process systems in their entirety. This includes process and mechanical engineering, industrial controls and automation, and physical design for process systems. In tandem with process engineering and design expertise, EPIC’s process engineers are experienced project managers. Once your project is approved, EPIC can facilitate equipment procurement and continue to manage your project through fabrication, factory acceptance testing (FAT), startup and commissioning.
Leverage EPIC’s expertise in process systems, modular design, and industrial automation to transform conceptual designs into functioning chemical process systems with a seamless, single customer journey.
Together we can enrich your experience and the client’s.
Process Systems Project Examples
Pilot Plant Tests Large Scale Removal of Carbon Dioxide
EPIC partnered with Gas Technology Institute (GTI) – a non-profit organization supported by the U.S. Department of Energy – to engineer and fabricate a pilot process system that tests the process of carbon dioxide removal from flue gas at coal-based power plants. If the technology is proven to be successful at the pilot level, it could be scaled up and implemented at every coal plant in the country. The end result would significantly reduce America’s carbon footprint.
- Key Features: Continuous Process, Gas-Liquid Membrane Absorption Unit, Carbon Dioxide Sequestration Unit, Liquid Ring Compressor
In-line Blending Skid Adds 20 Flavors at Minimal Cost
With a limited budget and limited floor space, the client needed to double the flavors mixed in their existing facility. A pre-engineered, field-proven in-liine blending skid from EPIC provided a fast, economic solution that allowed the client to drastically expand the product portfolio with minimal equipment additions.
- Key features: Outside pre-mix blending skid, JIT in-line blending system, coupled filling and blending system, back pressur control, control logic PLC, product-to-product washout.
CIP System Industrial Automation System Design, Control Modification, & Expansion:
This project posed the unique challenge of re-engineering a faulty control system while ensuring a pharmaceutical grade operating environment. EPIC handled the 8,000 pages worth of documentation, checkout process, and ad validation for the operating environment, and completely redesigned the control system. The result was a fully automated, highly efficient CIP system that increased productivity corrected all control errors, and complied with FDA regulations.
- Key features: 2 integrated clean-in-place systems, 3 Allen Bradley control panels, InBatch by WonderWare software, validation documentation
EPIC’s understanding of system design delivers automation functionality that others can’t deliver.
Automation Solutions Include:
- Power distribution & motor control design
- Controls design
- Plant network design
- Instrument specification & procurement
- Process control (PLC/HMI programming)
- Electrical panel fabrication
- Checkout & commissioning
- Control system troubleshooting
Benefits of EPIC Automation:
- Including automation can expand your deliverable scope, we will support you to do this
- We can discuss overall project needs for automation from the beginning
- EPIC’s deep process automation knowledge can augment value prop and proposals
- We will design, execute, and service the system
- Because we understand the process system, we understand your automation needs
- We understand the specific instrumentation and automation needs of process systems
- Our inherent process systems knowledge is built into programming and controls
In-House Fabrication and Testing
EPIC’s custom fabrication plant features two shops: one stainless-steel shop and one carbon steel shop. This allows us to create most skid solutions in-house. As a skid builder, we follow production-style fabrication techniques in a controlled plant environment to provide our clients with several advantages. These advantages include higher quality fabrication, shortened project timelines, lower capital costs and labor costs, seamless project management, reduced safety risks and a handful of additional skid manufacturing advantages.
- Carbon steel fabrication
- Stainless steel fabrication
- Custom parts fabrication
- Custom projects
- Electrical panels
- Electrical wiring per NFPA
- FAT testing
- Green tags
- Mechanical assembly
- Pipe fitting
- Plant Skid
- Pressure vessel fabrication
- R-stamp and U-stamp certified
- Sanitary fabrication
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Skid frame fabrication
- Skid engineering
- SS Skid
- Structural fabrication
We proudly serve the following industries:
- specialty chemical
- agriculture chemical
- surface cleaners
- pet care
- personal care
- soaps and detergents
- and more
We Partner With The Brands You Trust
We are proud to partner with some of the world’s leading brands to make a difference in people’s everyday lives.
How can we help you improve your operations, your product, and your customers lives?
To learn more and discuss partnership opportunities, please call 314-714-1580 or fill out the form below.
- Ask an Engineer | Get Answers from Process Engineering Consultants
- Physical System Design
- Engineering Studies
- Quotes & Estimating
- Process System Design
- Process Scale Up
- Equipment & Instrumentation
- Fabrication Capabilities
- Quality Assurance
- Construction/ Site Management
- How to Choose a Process Engineering Firm