Custom electrical engineering design goes into every process system from EPIC. Capable of using a centralized or decentralized power distribution, we design skid electrical schematics based upon your needs. Process system electrical design is prepared by EPIC’s electrical engineers and follows strict NFPA National Electric Code for your process automation.
EPIC is well-versed in delivering effective process systems that operate in NFPA hazardous-classified environments. Instrument signal integrity is maintained using the proper separation of power, control, and communication wiring. We incorporate the following into process control systems based upon system requirements:
- Custom parameters
- Explosion proof enclosures
- Intrinsically safe devices
- Isolation barriers
- Proper grounding
- Purged electrical cabinets
Electrical Design Considerations
- Circuit breaker protective devices
- Existing electrical control voltage: 120 VAC versus 24 VDC
- Electrical wire color and wire marking standards
- Electrical fuse preference
- NEMA or IEC preferred motor starters
- Other specially-imposed requirements for electrical design
EPIC prepares the necessary documentation required to maintain the process skid’s electrical controls. This includes electrical schematic drawings, loop diagrams, control panel layout drawings, component part numbers, and specification spreadsheets to provide worry-free system upkeep.
Contact a process control engineer to discuss your custom process automation solution.