A process plant modularization means a shorter project completion time by allowing site civil and facilities construction to happen simultaneously alongside process skid construction and pre-fabrication activities.
Having a modular plant design means your system will be built indoors, under ideal plant conditions, while necessary site civil and facilities engineering is completed. This ultimately leads to better quality and faster completion times.
Modular process skids best utilize layout space and existing plant conditions to plan for the implementation of a new system. Components are simplified as much as possible which reduces overall construction costs and part maintenance complexities.
Explore the additional benefits of a process plant modularization, including:
- Modular skid mounted systems construction occurs in parallel with site civil and facilities work in-plant
- Weather delays are eliminated during fabrication as modules are completed inside the plant
- Start-up time is minimized since modules are shipped fully assembled and tested
- Modular design build is faster, leading to less labor and material costs
- Lower capital and labor costs are achieved through efficient use of material and a smaller field crew
- For multi-unit projects, maximum capital efficiency is achieved by designing once and building exact duplicates
- Less steel is required
- Product transportation costs are lower as modules can be strategically placed in locations that are closer to end-users
- Off-site construction of skid mounted systems does not interrupt or shut-down pre-existing operations
- Welding, pipe-fitting and other fabrication processes are performed under ideal conditions
- Highly trained and experienced assembly and fabrication technicians are all ready employed by the modular system provider, ensuring consistent work and worker availability
- Systems undergo full process system testing and checkout prior to shipment providing faster startup
- Higher quality with full compliance to ASME B31.3 and BPE 2007
- Safety risks are reduced for plant personnel with fewer onsite OSHA exposure hours and smaller crew sizes
- Safety risks are reduced because process skid construction happens in ideal plant conditions
- EPIC’s State-of-the-art plant is already set up with all the equipment to complete a modular process system
- No extra space is required on-site; skid mounted systems are constructed off-site
- Requires a smaller crew and less materials than traditional stick-built operations.
- Modules provide for easy relocation as your business needs change
- Secrecy of process technology is protected as fabrication occurs behind closed doors in EPIC’s state-of-the-art plant.
- Higher quality is achieved through controlled, production style skid construction of the system in the plant