A Modern Process Skid Fabricator Employs Modular Design to Save Time, Minimize Disruption, and Reduce Costs.
Modular design build methods for process systems take a traditional system design and fit it into a self-contained unit on a frame that can be lifted and moved as a single piece of equipment. The advantages to this approach range from off-site construction in the controlled environment of a skid manufacturer to short project timelines, reduced equipment footprints and less OSHA exposure hours.
One of the main benefits of process system modularization is a shorter overall project timeline. This is achieved by allowing site civil and facilities construction to happen at your facility, while process systems are built into skids offsite at the skid fabricators facility. An additional advantage to this offsite skid construction is that usually, this means process systems are built indoors, under ideal plant conditions in your skid fabricator’s plant.
This ultimately leads to better quality and faster completion times.
While there are some size limits to modular skids for shipping, large complex systems can still benefit from modular process design. Multi-skid units can be built to work together, creating a full process system in self-contained parts.
Ready to talk to an EPIC engineer about your modular fabrication project?
Fastest Time to Market
- Modular construction occurs in parallel with site civil and facilities work in-plant
- Weather delays are eliminated during fabrication as modules are completed inside the plant of your skid manufacturer
- Start-up time is minimized since modules are shipped by your skid fabricator fully assembled and tested.
- Modular design build is faster, leading to less labor and material costs
- Lower capital and labor costs are achieved through efficient use of material and a smaller field crew
- For multi-unit projects, maximum capital efficiency is achieved by designing once and building exact duplicates
- Less steel is required
- Product transportation costs are lower as modules can be strategically placed in locations that are closer to end-users
- Off-site construction of modular process systems does not interrupt or shut-down pre-existing operations
- Systems undergo full process system testing and checkout prior to shipment by your skid fabricator providing faster startup
- Higher quality with full compliance to ASME B31.3 and BPE 2007
- Safety risks are reduced for plant personnel with fewer onsite OSHA exposure hours and smaller crew sizes
- Safety risks are reduced because process skid construction happens in ideal plant conditions
- Welding, pipe-fitting and other fabrication processes are performed under ideal conditions
- Highly trained and experienced assembly and fabrication technicians are all ready employed by the modular system provider, ensuring consistent work and worker availability
- Modules provide for easy relocation as your business needs change
- Secrecy of process technology is protected as fabrication occurs behind closed doors in EPIC’s state-of-the-art plant.
- Higher quality is achieved through controlled, production style skid construction of the system in the skid manufacturer plant
Explore the additional benefits of a process plant modularization or contact EPIC to discuss if your system could benefit from modular skid design.
- EPIC’s State-of-the-art plant is already set up with all the equipment to complete a modular process system
- No extra space is required on-site; modular process systems are constructed off-site
- Requires a smaller crew and less materials than traditional stick-built operations.